Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Looking back ... first friends

My last blog post got me thinking about those blurry first weeks and months after we brought Scott home from the hospital, and I realized that no on-line journal about my sweet baby boy would be complete without mention of Freddie.

Freddie was Scott's first friend. His first buddy. His first confidante. Yes, our Little Tanker saved his first smile for mommy and daddy, but he reserved many that followed for Freddie.

Freddie's full-name is Freddie the Firefly. He's got a nubby rainbow-colored body, and crinkly-sounding black and white wings, rings and a little red plastic attachment that is perfect for our now-teething baby.

Scott and Freddie, 2 months

Scott and Freddie, 3 months

Scott and Freddie, 4 1/2 months

Scott and Freddie, almost 6 months

And Scott adores him. For a long time, he was the only toy that Scott would play with. He was the first toy Scott reached for and batted his little fingers at. Scott's repertoire of play items has grown substantially as he's become more aware of his surroundings, but Freddie is still very much in demand.

The little bug was such an integral part of Scott's early development that I made a video about their friendship while I was still on maternity leave. I watch it now and can't believe how tiny he looks!




No comments:

Post a Comment