Thursday, October 27, 2011

He'll be running by November

So I've been way behind on my blog posting lately.

That's probably because I am now keeping up with a bonafide, up-on-two-feet-can-get-into-anything-WALKING-toddler.

Yep. Scott gave up on the baby crawling thing this month, and is now getting around in the upright position like a big boy.

By my count, he took the first all-important tentative steps on October 16. Official baby age: 13 months, plus six days.

First day or so, he wouldn't go more than one or two steps and didn't relish the idea of letting go of either Mommy or Daddy's hands. But within the week, he had progressed to the drunken sailor/drunken baby walk.

We finally captured two videos of his fabulous balancing act while at Boo at the Zoo last weekend.
(I am particularly fond of the first video, where he checks his feet before taking off; Jim likes Mommy's random, nervous flitting hand that keeps appearing in the second one as Scott struggles to maintain his balance.)





It's been six days since those videos were taken, and Scott is already over the drunk "sailor" baby walking phase. He's getting very steady on his feet, and quicker than I'd like.

I fear he'll be jogging ahead of us to get to the next batch of candy on Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment