Saturday, February 5, 2011

My husband's Mini-Me

When Scott was born, I had a hard time telling which one of us he looked like. My folks thought he looked a lot like me - but with blonder hair. I was fairly convinced that he had my nose and Jim's eyes.

But as our son has gotten older, any ambiguity has faded. Scott looks like his daddy. A LOT like his daddy. In fact, with each passing day, I think he's turning more and more into a pint-size replica of his father.


Scott at just about five months. There's no doubt: he is his father's son.


Scott's daddy. I am guessing about ten months. See any resemblance?



Scott has his daddy's eyes, and his mouth and his smile. They've even got some of the same, wavy blonde hair with red highlights.

But Mommy's genes? Not seeing so much.

Me at 3.5 months. Scott has my nose, but other physical resemblances are starting to fade with each day.
Of course, there are things I would hope my son would eventually inherit from me - my love of reading and writing, for example. (That and spelling are not exactly Jim's forte.)

But as long as Scott is taking after his father, there's a whole list of things that I am also counting on Jim passing along to him. These include: his common sense, his goofy sense of humor, his ability to not get upset about the little things, his math skills (not mom's strong suit), his tendency to problem solve (also not high on mom's list)...and of course, his eyesight. Jim STILL doesn't need to use glasses or contact, whereas I've been saddled with both since the age of six.

Is this what my little guy will look like in a couple of years? Pretty cute, huh???

Each day, Scott's personality becomes more and more developed, and its fascinating to watch him grow and take in the world around him. In the end, I am hoping he takes the best of both of us, and melds it into something that is uniquely him. He's such an amazing little person already. I can't wait to see what he does tomorrow.






No comments:

Post a Comment