Monday, December 12, 2011

Dance, Dance, Dancin-Machine!

My son has moves.

It started last month, when he stamped his feet in time to a '60s cover band, during our family vacation. Then he added a head bop. And now, he's discovered the magic of spinning.


Unfortunately, he hasn't quite learned how to stop. Or how to go in the other direction. So he just spins, and spins and spins until he gets dizzy and falls down.

Case in point. Scott gets his groove on at Jim's company holiday Christmas party.
 




(And while it doesn't transfer well via still photo, here are some shots of Scott mid-groove a few minutes later.)

Perfecting the 'head-bop'

Working on my shuffle step.

I am a total ham!


I have to admit, I love that my kid is into music. And that he doesn't discriminate. Country, rock, jazz, holiday classics...you name it. All we have to do is say "Dance, Dance Dance!" and he obliges, with glee.

He likes to play too. He's got a xylophone at home and a drum set that he bangs with gusto. For Christmas, he's getting a toy piano.

I will probably regret fostering this love of music when he's in high school and playing the drums in the garage of our home at all hours of the day and night.

But for now, dance on, young man. Dance on.

No comments:

Post a Comment