Friday, September 9, 2011

Taming the crazy hair

I finally caved.
Today, after weeks of prodding, cajoling, and then finally, outright threats from my husband, I agreed to take Scott in for his first haircut.

I resisted the trimming of his beautiful blonde curly hair, even though I know his first birthday is tomorrow, and despite the fact he needs to look dapper in a tux next weekend for my cousin's wedding.

No...what finally drove me to the barber was one too many mornings when he woke up looking like this:



No amount of product can tame that 'do, by the way. Believe me, I tried.

So we made an excursion of it. Me, my mom, Jim's mom and Jim all trekked in to the nearby Cool Cuts for Kids this afternoon. Scott eyed the place with a bit of trepidation, but managed to put his initial qualms aside when he saw the cool yellow "car" barber chair. (The kid is obsessed with steering wheels.) And the fun singing Elmo video proved to be a good initial distraction as well.

But my Tank is smart -- and within seconds, he realized what was happening. Let's just say he was less than thrilled.



Turns out the smartest decision we made was bringing Daddy along. Every time Scott got anxious or nervous or edgy, he turned and sought out Jim. Daddy made faces that made him relax and giggle, and got him through his first haircut with relative ease (though I should mention that Scott maintained a death grip on the car steering wheel through the entire process.)

Not feeling this...where is Daddy?
Oh...THERE he is. Okay, I am okay.

I knew Scott had a LOT of hair, but I didn't realize how much it had grown until I saw the remnants on the floor. We had enough for a keepsake lock not only for me and Jim, but BOTH grandmas.



Let it be known: today is the day my Tank went from being a ragamuffin baby to a little man//mini-executive. Handsome, no?

The before photo...

I'm a handsome devil!

And yes, mommy cried. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment