Thursday, May 5, 2011

Scoot, Scoot...but not quite a crawl

Someone is on the move. Sort of.

Scott is developing what I can only term "a belly scoot."

He pushes himself into a semi-upright position using his hands, then kicks his legs, and -- with a great deal of effort and grunting -- inches himself to the left, the right, and sometimes even backward on his stomach.

I want that phone. I think I can, I think I can.

Got it! I am the greatest!


He has yet to learn how to go forward. He clearly hasn't learned that lesson about the shortest distance between two points being a straight line. But I know its only a matter of time -- my baby is getting ready to crawl!

Learning to crawl is exhausting.

I've been told that some little ones skip right over that part and move straight into walking. Judging by this picture, Tank may be contemplating that as well. He is, after all, brilliant. (And, I am quite sure, an overachiever.)

Why shimmy along the floor when I can just walk like the big kids?

No comments:

Post a Comment